This section describes the easiest way to install Enonic XP on a Mac OSX computer.
Watch this video
or complete the following steps:
Visit the Enonic XP download page and select the OSX tab. Click the Download now button and save the .dmg file to a convenient location.
Open the file when it is finished downloading. A window like the one in the image below will appear. Click and drag the Enonic XP logo to the Applications folder.
Find the Enonic XP app in the applications folder, or use Spotlight search, and double click to open it.
A notice may appear to inform you that the file was downloaded from the Internet. Go ahead and click “Open”. Enonic XP will start and a window will open with the log. XP will continue to run while this window is open. The Home Directory button will open Finder to the XP home folder where the installation’s files can be found. The Launch Browser button will open the Enonic XP administration interface in the default browser. The admin UI can also be reached at http://localhost:8080
Click the Launch Browser button or point your browser to
Log in with username
su and password
After logging in you should see the following screen, with the launcher panel to the right:
If this is the first time you launch XP - the welcome tour will automatically launch. If it does not start, simply click the tour icon at top left of the home screen.
- Click through each step of the welcome tour
- On the last step, click the Install button
- Once the applications are installed, click finish
The sample applications automatically create demo sites you can try out.
- Select “Content Studio” from the launcher menu
- Once loaded, you will find the sites in the tree grid
- Select or expand the sites you are interested in for a preview
- Right click or choose actions from the menu to get going
Wireframe Prototyping Application
Watch this video to see how you can make interactive prototypes with Enonic XP and learn about Content Studio:
Superhero Blog Application
Watch this video to learn how you can use Enonic XP as a blogging platform, and learn more about Content Studio:
Find more on Enonic Market
If you want to try other applications, follow the steps below:
- Open the Applications tool from the launcher panel to the right
- Click Install from the menu (top left)
- Browse to find the applications you are looking for and click Install
You may also visit Enonic market directly on https://market.enonic.com
Congratulations on getting started :-)
If you’re ready for some more fun, we recommend looking into the following: