We´re huge devop fans - and devops love Docker. Docker is the most popular application container platform in the world. For your convenience, we build Docker images of every Enonic XP release.
Running Enonic XP with Docker actually requires access to a Docker container - now, that’s a surprise!
Docker version 1.8.1 or newer is required to complete this guide
If you don’t already have a Docker up and running, we recommend reading the brilliant documentation on how to get started with Docker:
Launch Enonic XP on Docker
With Docker up and running, installing Enonic XP is as smooth as baby skin. Execute the commands below in your terminal/shell to get going.
- Create a storage container for configuration files, applications and data (XP_HOME)
docker run -it --name xp-home enonic/xp-home
- Install and start Enonic XP, mounting the xp-home volume
docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --volumes-from xp-home --name xp-app enonic/xp-app
This will download the latest stable Enonic XP image, start it, and map it to port
8080 on your docker-host.
You can optionally add :<versionnumber> at the end of the command to launch a specific version of Enonic XP - i.e.
docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --volumes-from xp-home --name xp-app enonic/xp-app:6.6.2
Check out our Project page at Docker Hub for more info.
- Point your browser to
- Log in with username
After logging in you should see the following screen, with the launcher panel to the right:
This is a simple blog, basically emulating Wordpress - even using one of their nice themes. Follow these steps to try it out:
Install from Market
- Open the Applications tool from the launcher panel to the right
- Click Install from the menu (top left)
- Select Enonic Market from the dialogue
- Browse to the application named “Superhero Blog” and click Install
- Open the Launcher panel (top right)
- Select the “Content Studio” tool
- Once it has loaded, you will find the superhero site and all its content there
Watch this video to learn more about the Superhero Blog Application, and the Content Studio tool: