The unzipped Enonic XP distribution will have the following structure (folders with a * will not appear until the installation is started the first time)
enonic-xp-[version] |- bin/ |- home/ |- config/ |- data/ * |- deploy/ |- logs/ |- repo/ * |- snapshots/ |- work/ * |- lib/ |- system/ |- toolbox/ |- work/ *
The root installation folder is referred to as
XP_INSTALL. Here’s an
explanation of all the other folders:
- Contains the scripts for starting and stopping Enonic XP and setting environment variables.
Home directory, also called
XP_HOME. All files for a specific instance of XP reside here. This folder can be copied to other locations for working with multiple projects.
- Configuration files are placed here, including Virtual Host and system.properties.
- Additional data like exports and dumps. This folder will not appear until certain operations are run.
- Hot deploy directory. Applications are automatically installed upon placing their JAR files in this directory.
- Default location for logs.
- Repository data (blobs and indexes). This folder will not appear until the installation is started for the first time.
- This is where snapshots are stored when using the snapshot-operation. This folder will not appear until a snapshot is done.
- Cache and generated bundles are stored here. This folder will not appear until the installation is started the first time.
- Contains the bootstrap code used to launch Enonic XP.
- System OSGi bundles are placed here.
- Command-line interface tool to manage the server. See Toolbox CLI.
- OSGI cache is stored here. This folder will not appear until the installation is started for the first time.