Add your favorite country¶
Now that the “Country” content type is installed (and we have a part to display them), we can create new countries using the Content manager.
- Right-click on the “Hello World” site from the navigation tree and select “New”. The “Create Content” dialogue will open.
- Click “Country” from the list of content types.
- Fill in the form with the details of your favorite country.
Similar to the site, we must also configure a view for the country
- In the toolbar, in the top right corner of the page, click the button with the monitor icon to activate the Page Editor (blue background).
- Click the cog button to open the Inspection Panel (far right).
- In the Page Editor, select “Hello Region” from the template selector dropdown. If the dropdown arrow is not visible, double-click inside the option field or start typing “hello world” in it to see the options.
- In the Inspection Panel, click the “Insert” tab. This reveals a list of default components that can be placed into regions.
- Click and drag a “Part” into the box on the page.
- A new dropdown option will appear. Select the “country” part. (You can start typing “country” in the box or you may need to close the Inspection Panel to see the dropdown.)
- Save draft and close the content edit tab.
When you click on the country in the content pane, you should see a preview of the rendered page, something like this: