The unpacked Enonic XP distribution will have the following structure:
enonic-xp-[version] |- bin/ |- home/ |- config/ |- deploy/ |- logs/ |- lib/ |- system/ |- toolbox/ |- repo/ |- data/
Root installation folder is referred to as
XP_INSTALL. Here’s an
explanation of all the other folders:
- Contains the scripts for starting and stopping Enonic XP.
Home directory, also called
- Configuration files are placed here, including system.properties.
- Hot deploy directory. Place modules to install in this directory.
- Default location for logs.
- Contains the bootstrap code used to launch Enonic XP.
- System OSGi bundles are placed here.
- Command-line interface tool to manage the server. See Toolbox CLI.
- Repository data (blobs and indexes).
- Additional data like exports, snapshots and dumps.