You can start the server in dev-mode to speed up the development process. When using this mode, you only need to deploy your code once - or when certain situations arise (see below).
Start server using dev-mode:
$ $XP_INSTALL/bin/server.sh dev
First time you will need to deploy the code (app, lib, etc.) using the
(see Installing an application):
$ ./gradlew deploy
After that, you do not need to redeploy your application except…
- when modifying Java code.
- when deleting a page, part or layout component.
- when deleting a content-type, mixin or relationship-type.
- when changing source directories.
- if you have source-transformation tools (typescript, less, sass).
Do not use dev-mode in production environments. It takes a little more time to render pages and caches are sometimes disabled.